Workshop facilitator, historian and inspirational speaker
Lisa Saunders is an award-winning publicist, TV host and instructor at New London Adult & Continuing Education. A graduate of Cornell University, she is the author of several books and lectures on writing, history, publicity and birth defect prevention.
Lisa’s speaking venues have included USA 9 News, Fox CT, Cornell University, grade schools, Washington Independent Writers Assoc., and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Lisa’s topics include:
- Memoir Writing & Publishing
- How to Get Free Publicity
- Civil War: A Union Private & His Wife (can include readers theater)
- Prevent the #1 Birth Defects Virus: Congenital Cytomegalovirus (CMV)
- Mystic Seafarer’s Trail: Journey to Adventure and Amelia Earhart’s Secret Wedding
- Cornell University’s “Horse Book in a Bucket” Program: Writing and Horse Fact Fun
"Lisa’s talk, 'Graveyard Adventures,' was both informative and entertaining. I've never seen another speaker get the ladies so engaged and laughing.”-- Nancy Wilkie, Mystic Women’s Club, Conn.
"Lisa's writing advice was advanced enough for adults but simple enough for children. By the end of the workshop, even the shyest students were sharing their literary creations!"--Andrea McKenzie, Bill Library, Ledyard, Conn.
“Lisa was eloquent and insightful about her experiences raising her handicapped daughter. She captured the attention of the students, special education teachers, therapists, and social workers -- inspiring them with greater empathy and commitment.”--Mary Goodin, M. Ed., OTR, Johns Hopkins University
Contact Lisa Saunders at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit: